Research and Teaching Assistant (RTA) for EEIT study program
Vietnamese-German University (VGU)
2016-10-13 -> 2016-10-31
- MSc. degree in Electrical Engineering or computer science in a well-known university
- Excellent mathematical background, knowledge in optimization is an advantage
- Knowledge and/or experience with telecommunications (TCP/IP, wireless communication)
- Very good programming skills in C/C++, Java or Python
- Very good verbal and written communication in English
- Previous experience in research and development
- Publications in international conferences and journals is a plus.
- High motivation
- Open, willing to collaborate
- Innovative and dynamic
- Capacity to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A motivation statement (one page only);
- A complete CV;
- Copy of all academic degrees;
- Abstract of the Master thesis or, if applicable, PhD thesis (200 words);
- Proofs of English language proficiency and quantitative skills (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or similar tests);
- Providing assistance to lecturer in teaching courses related to communications such as Fundamental of Telecommunications, Communication Engineering, Digital Routing.
- Supervising students on their studies projects and final theses.
- Ensuring the smooth running of equipment necessary to achieve the aims of the class (e.g. computers, software packages, electronic journals, and library).
- Providing and/ or updating of teaching materials in accordance with the responsible lecturer and program coordinator.
- Assisting students (during office hours) to understand the courses assigned by the coordinator.
- Assisting lecturers to grade homework, case studies, mid-term exams, final exams of the courses assigned by the coordinator.
- Assisting lecturers to teach exercises, experimental labs of the courses assigned by the coordinator.
- Teaching output performance (based on a 100% full-time contract): Provision of teaching activities through seminars, tutoring, and mini courses by 120 periods per year.
- Carrying out research on networking such as wireless sensor networks, Software Defined Networks (SDN), 5G mobile networks.
- Attending research seminars and conferences.
- Presenting research ideas and results in internal VGU seminars (at least once a semester) and on scientific conferences (once a year after the first year).
- Research output performance (based on a 100% full-time contract)
- Preparing and managing correspondence, documents and reports
- Implementing and maintaining office and filing systems
- Taking, typing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Organizing and coordinating internal and external events (meetings, conferences, research seminars, mini courses, travel arrangements)
- Supporting the flying faculty in terms of organization of the stay and implementation of the courses.