Senior System Engineer
Ho Chi Minh
2016-02-03 -> 2016-03-03
- • Minimum of 4+ years relevant work experience
- • Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written skills
- • Strong Linux administration skills
- • Great documentation skills
- • Experience with highly scalable system is preferred
- • Experience with Docker or container concept highly valued
- • Experience with cloud services such as AWS (Amazon), Rackspace or GCE
- • Prior experience with configuration management using Chef, Puppet or Ansible expected
- • Experience with CentOS, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, Load Balancing strong preferred
- • Experience with Golang, Ruby or Python or any high level programming language is a plus
- You’ll fit right in if you:
- • Are enthusiastic and self-motivated with good decision-making skills.
- • Speak up! We’re very open here, and we want to hear your opinions and ideas about how we can extend our products and do things better.
- • Collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Why you’ll love working with us:
- • We have fun, friendly international work environment.
- • Great benefits including:
- o Annual trips
- o 13th month bonus
- o Regular health checks
- o A state-of-the-art office with an awesome view
- o Frequent employee parties to celebrate our successes
- o Performance and employee referral bonuses
- o Flexible time
- o English classes
- Want to help shake up the way people read in an exciting startup environment on the cutting edge of the publishing industry? You’ve come to the right place.
- We’re on the lookout for a Senior System Engineer to manage and maintain our hosted infrastructure, ensuring service availability and service levels expected of a world-class IT company. We’re an ambitious bunch and need someone experienced in large-scale web application deployments. Configuration management and security should be top-of-mind and rolling out globally redundant, auto-scaling environments should excite you. If you’re up to the challenge of solving real-world problems for big-name clients in an exciting startup environment, we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
- What you’ll be doing:
- • Reporting directly to the Director of Operations in our Vietnam office.
- • Managing all infrastructure deployments, both internal and cloud-based.
- • Working with other system and database administrators in the systems group to maintain the service levels of all systems.
- • Managing servers, applications, and all internal software used by the company.
- • Defining configuration management and deployment procedures, including post-release monitoring and risk analysis.
- • Coordinating, planning and deployment of major software releases, feature enhancements and bug fixes with various development groups.
- • Recovering applications in the event of a hardware or software failure, and working on an on-call basis with other system administrators.
- • Attending to system alerts on an on-call basis.
- • Working with the systems administration team to complete capacity planning and scalability tests.