ILA building, 146 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, HCMc, District 3, Ho Chi Minh
Không xác định
2020-05-15 -> 2020-05-16
- Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
- 6+ years of relevant experience with managing IT infrastructure with focus on the *nix platforms
- Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or FreeBSD/OpenBSD family of Operating Systems and their underlying components
- Possess a solid understanding of the OSI networking model
- Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner
- Experience in one or more of: Perl, Python, Go, C, C++ or scripting experience in Shell
- Fluent in English will have a major advantage
- Experience with cloud computing technologies from vendors such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Google Compute Engine, Digital Ocean would be a bonus.
- Configuration management tool experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SaltStack.
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous deployment.
- Experience with hardening systems and knowledge in information security.
- Contributes to open source project experience with performance analysis and debugging tools.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence using automation.
- Be involved in systems architecture and design, and subsequent implementation.
- Be involved in incident management daily
- Get involved in deep diagnosis of incidents and engage with multiple highly skilled engineering teams on resolutions.
- Be part of a cool team, responsible for one of the largest cloud-based services in South East Asia.
- Help improve reliability, stability and tackle scalability challenges with engineering teams
- Together with the engineering and support team, participate in on-call rotations and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Mentor other engineers define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team