DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer
Ho Chi Minh
2018-05-30 -> 2018-05-31
- Linux systems deployment and administration
- Database configuration and administration
- Network configuration and administration
- System capacity planning and performance monitoring
- Standard network services such as web, email, DNS
- Automation and configuration management tools such as shell, scripting languages and Ansible/Chef
- Cloud platform configuration and operations
- Programming in scripting languages, understanding systems programming concepts
- Systems and network security, firewalls, DDOS mitigation
- Understanding of open source projects and tools, and how to work with open source communities
- Experience with compliance and quality systems for health care and financial applications
- Our preferred technology stack is currently:
- Vagrant and Docker
- Ansible, with some Chef
- AWS, with some GCP
- CentOS and Ubuntu Linux, occasional Windows/.NET
- Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, memcached, OpenResty
- Postgres, MySQL, Redis
- Elixir, Python, Ruby on Rails and PHP
- We work with a variety of technologies, depending on the project, so there is always something new to learn, and you will be expected to help define and implement new best practices.
- Depending on your background, you may come more from the development side or the operations side. Either is ok, but you should be comfortable writing code to deploy, monitor and debug complex software systems. We are also hiring for software development positions.
- Our customers rely on us for the success of their business. You should have an orientation towards customer service, taking responsibility and continous improvement. You should be self-driven and proactive, with a focus on getting things done.
- You should be comfortable working in an international, multi-cultural environments covering multiple time zones. Our primary operating language is English, Chinese and Spanish are a plus.
- This is a 100% remote position, and you can work from anywhere in the world.
- We are looking for engineers who can bridge development and operations - with today's cloud-centric architectures, that means automating the infrastructure for development and deployment.
- We use tools like Vagrant and Packer to build development environments and production AMIs.
- We use Ansible and Chef to automate setup of test and production environments.
- We deploy to Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and fleets of dedicated servers.
- You will work with customers and developers to determine application reqirements and design an architecture to support it.
- You will create scripts to build development and production machines based on our common templates, e.g. a Virtual Private Cloud with NAT and Bastion host, Ruby on Rails application running in an autoscaling group, and a highly available replicated Postgres DB cluster.
- You will integrate the application into our continuous deployment pipeline, including continuous integration testing and automated deployment.
- You will set up monitoring for system and application metrics and make sure that the systems are working properly. If something goes wrong, you will be the first to respond, then you will work with the developers to analyze the causes behind the problems and implement any necessary system and process improvements.
- You will join our on-call rotation to provide 24-7 systems support.
- You will document and maintain systems architectures, standard templates and operational processes.