Cloud Software Engineer (Python - 02)
Emotiv Technology Vietnam
500 - 1,500 USD
2017-10-10 -> 2017-10-11
- Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field;
- Knowledge and experience in server setup/configuration (Linux/Ubuntu);
- Experience in working with SQL, NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc;
- Experience in working with agile teams and processes for Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment using JIRA, Confluence, Git, Buildbot/Jenkins;
- Experience in writing clear and concise technical API and design documentation.
- Desirable Qualifications
- Familiar with Django web framework (version 1.8+);
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services on AWS, with components such as EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudWatch, VPC, Lambda, etc;
- Experience working with cloud based security best practice including OpenID Connect, OAuth2, JWT and similar technologies;
- Experience designing and test automation of RESTful APIs;
- Experience working with data analysis in Python with Numpy / SciPy or other scripting packages;
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Company Overview
- is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, prevent disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long term, positive impact on the world.
- Job Description
- is seeking a
- full time Cloud Software Engineer
- with a strong background building out secure, scalable distributed API services and big data analytics pipelines on AWS. The successful candidate will be responsible for building out
- EMOTIV Cloud Services
- for EEG related API’s, security, analytics and data management.
- Design and implement data models and rest APIs to collect and share EEG application data;
- Support the maintenance, configuration and extension of key open source components including Django, PostgreSQL, and cache services with scalability, redundancy and data backup in mind;
- Work closely with the QA, Product and Ops teams throughout the development lifecycle
- Implement security solutions for authentication and authorization to govern data privacy, access control and sharing;
- Write and maintain relevant design and support documentation for cloud services;
- Work within an agile team and ensuring JIRA, Confluence, Git, Jenkins/Buildbot and other SDLC tools are used effectively following agreed conventions;
- Scaling and distribution of cloud services as required;
- Perform code reviews and mentorship for other team members;
- Write scripts to automate the build, test and deployment processes;
- Write test automation code to cover legacy and new service features as they are developed;
- Investigate and address cloud related support issues as required.