STEM / Engineering Teacher
The Western Australian International School System
Hồ Chí Minh
2017-09-20 -> 2017-10-20
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- - Bachelor or above in Computer Science/Robotics or relevant subjects
- - Demonstrated ability and expertise in Robotics (STEM) education
- - Demonstrate significant coding experience
- - Familiar with or willing to learn Javacript, Python, Lego Mindstorms, Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi (robotics)
- - English native speaker
- - Capable to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- - Ability to inspire students and create a stimulating learning environment
- - Energetic and passionate about being a role model for all youth
- - Strong communication and teamwork skills
- - Preparing and liaisons with another teacher in Science and Technology Faculty to delivering lessons on computer science and robotics to primary, middle and high school students.
- - Provide feedback to students
- - Ensure that all students receive a 21st century STEM-based education that is academically rigorous, constructivist, personalized, relevant and engaging
- - Maintain records of students progression and development
- - Ensure the curriculum is up-to-date
- - Support and guide team members through professional exchange
- - Established positive relationships with parents, students and colleagues
- - Undertake business development projects
- - Develop and teach a hands-on, skills based Robotics (STEM) course
- - Prepare students to demonstrate their learning in a real-world setting (performance, competition, etc.)
- - Provides support to teachers to access online resources
- - Manage School Makerspace. Coordinate all aspects of Maker Space programming for students, teachers and families including curriculum development, program implementation and basic day-to-day operations of the space.
- - Provides assistance to teachers and staff members in planning and incorporating STEM activities into daily instruction.
- - Liaisons with organizations to promote environmental initiatives.
- - Provides STEM-related professional development to colleagues.
- - Lead academic STEM clubs (Coding, Engineering, Robotics, etc...) after school to ensure that our students have multiple opportunities to develop mastery